appleseedTools runs on Windows 64bit only. It's tested on Windows7 so I have no idea if it works on other versions of Windows.
- Unpack the archive to any place you want.
- Let maya know where to find the module:
- This can be done with an additional line in your maya.env file in your C:\Users\you\Documents\maya\
- Simply add this line: MAYA_MODULE_PATH = path where you unpacked your module
- Or you can set the MAYA_MODULE_PATH environment variable in the system variables and set it to the appropriate path.
If the plugin does not load, you may need to install the Visual Studio 2012 redistributables for c++. They can be found here: Redistributables.
I hope everything works. There are no example scenes yet. Interactive rendering works, but is very limited at the moment.